martes, 10 de junio de 2014

Job application letter

Dear Committee of Interns and Residents of The Mater Private Hospital:

Since I got into medical school I’ve always wanted to do my medical residency in Australia; not because Mexican hospitals lack of good programs nor quality doctors but because I’ve always admired the capacity that Australian doctors have to innovate and bring new concepts to change the medical world. I am writing to apply for the opportunity to do my medical residency in the Mater Private Hospital medical residency program. As requested, I am attaching my certification, my resume and five references.
Brutally forges the people who embrace it, granting them knowledge that is not acquired anywhere else, thus making it an unquestionably effective way of education. Furthermore, because of the hardships found in experience, it is a more arduous learning process than academia. When I was doing my internship year I had the opportunity to rotate in four different hospitals around the world, staying three months in each one and learning not only from books and lectures, but also from my own experience. For my first three months of my internship year I rotated in the Baylor College of Medicine, where I had the big opportunity to learn surgery and traumatology from the top surgeons of the world. After those three months I went to the John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, where I had the chance to meet the best neurosurgeons in the world and also to publish papers on the latest investigations of Alzheimer disease. After that, I went to the Hospital Infantil de Mexico, in Mexico City, where I learnt a lot about pediatrics and also about neonatal care. After that, I finally had the chance to rotate in the Mater Private Hospital in Sydney, Australia.  My experience there was amazing, I’d never seen that kind of organization in health services; and not only that but a great human value of the doctors who never stopped teaching me.
As I advanced in my academic studies, I became aware of my own potential as a human being, that is not only able to learn and understand, but also able to improve and create. If people before me could harvest fungi that could cure infections or make a tube of steel filled with passengers fly across the sea through mere intellect, what could I contribute to humankind? The possibilities are practically infinite, and are literally limited only by my imagination. Nevertheless, expecting great contributions from myself without receiving the best education and having great mentors seemed unrealistic and foolish. That's why I strengthened the idea to apply to Sydney's Mater Hospital medical residency program, because I know of my capacity, and I've experienced by my own, the way people work at that hospital, I've experienced how doctors innovate with new surgery techniques and treatments that save thousand of lives every day.
I don´t consider myself the brightest medical student, but I am the most tenacious student you’ll ever meet, if I see I’m not doing good my job, I always see the way to change what I'm not doing right, taking the best out of me to perform the job in the most perfect way possible. I consider myself a really good leader, I do very good interacting and working with other people, trying to maintain a good relationship with everyone I work and giving solution to problems in a peaceful and intelligent way.
Today, with a clear goal and great determination, I seek to develop my abilities as a doctor in a place that will encourage and force me to give the absolute best of myself. At Mater Hospital I will gather the skills and knowledge necessary to be able to contribute to the medicine and give back some sort of wonder to the world, so future generations can benefit from it.
In hope of fulfilling all what you are looking for in a resident doctor; I convey my deep desire to be accepted in Mater Hospital, where I will have the privilege of preparing myself to unravel the mysteries that medicine has to offer. I look forward to discuss my qualifications with you, and any detail you want to talk about.

Yours Sincerely.

Carlos Delgado Rodriguez



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario